In this tutorial, I will explain how to create and upload your local CSV file to FeedArmy for updating product information.
To update product information, you only need to keep the column ID and whichever other columns you need. For example if we want to update the title and description. You only need to have the id, title and description in your csv file.
You can also download and edit existing data.
Import Products From CSV
Navigate to the page using the menu Import Tools > Bulk Import CSV
Click on Choose File
Assigning Channel Attributes
Now you will see all the columns loaded. We can start by assigning each column to the correct Channel attribute.
Tip: If you are updating existing products, you can map the attributes that you want to update and ignore the rest.
Simply select the correct attribute from the drop down menu for each row.
When you are ready click on Import Data, when the loading has finished your products are updated. You can check the products in Edit Tools > Manual Editing
FeedArmy accepts only a comma delimited CSV file. Some programs such as Excel do not save the files correctly. An easy way to ensure a successful upload is to use ether Google Spreadsheet or use OpenOffice.
Make sure the file size is less than 4 MB. You can split up your files and upload your updates separately.
Saving a file in Google Spreadsheets
- Copy your spreadsheet data from your existing file to Google Spreadsheet.
- Click on File > Download as > Comma-separated values
- You can now upload to FeedArmy
Saving a file in OpenOffice
- Copy your spreadsheet data from your existing file to OpenOffice Calc
- Click on File > Save as…
- Select file type CSV and check the box next to edit settings
- Ensure the character set is UTF-8, file delimiter is comma and click on OK
You can import your new or updated data.